Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Other Shoe

I suppose it's inevitable. I actually got grumpy today.

It's not often that I do, so when it happens I'm not very good at it. Or maybe I'm really good at it - I guess it depends on your perspective.

Here is as complete a list as I can come up with to explain my bad attitude.

  1. My right ankle has swollen for no apparent reason. I did not injure said ankle, and I find it insulting that it thinks it has all that much to complain about. It caused me discomfort today, but what's more, it caused me to not sleep too well due to disturbing thoughts of rapid-onset congestive heart failure that I very well could have self-induced over the holiday-season-of-eating-nothing-but-crap. Potential death, especially my own, tends to just piss me off I guess.
  2. I was surprised to find out that I am still harboring resentment over not getting the job. The resentment is aimed at no one, but it is there. It really needs some sort of target (see number 3).
  3. John got me a "bath set" for Christmas. Now this is all well and good, and I hate to be one that looks a gift horse in the mouth - but this horse seems to have no teeth to speak of, thereby making it a bad potential purchase (if you know what I mean, and I think you do). First of all, I don't even have a bath. That is to say, I only have a shower. So a "bath" set seems a bit silly and not well thought out. Also, it had more exfoliation tools included in it than you could shake a pumice stone at.... I can tell you with certainty that he has no idea whether I am in any need of exfoliation.
  4. I don't have any good toenail polish colors.
  5. I am too tired to go to the store to buy any good toenail polish colors.
  6. Being tired is making me mad.

So, there you have it. If they would have just given me the damn job I wouldn't have to put you all through this. After all this ranting I should say "I'm sorry," but in reality....

They are sorry.

Or they sure should be.

4 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Ant said...

Hmmm, methinks the christmas holiday blues are playing a part too?

Even in the beautiful heat of Oz, I've had a melancholy moment or two, just cos of the time of year...

On saying all that though, yes, the bastards should have given you the job.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Bleh, the blues suck. Perhaps you need a vacation. We have a couch!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

Come to Sydney and visit me, I have some lovely toenail colours you might like. Mostly they match my karate belts, but I do have some nice other ones too.

Cheer up buttercup, it's nearly a new year!

(ps: I don't have a bath either, and people keep giving me bath bombs. It really craps me off too!)

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

Meh, we all have days where a rant is needed.

You have certainly earned the right.

And what's up with the swollen ankle?! Is it reddish or brown at all? If yes, GO TO THE DR. It could be cellulitis (infection and swelling of the skin cells) - and needs to be treated with antibiotics. From what I understand, it is also extremely painful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.