Thursday, December 21, 2006

I Won! I Won! OhmyGod! I Won!


The results from the voting are in – hanging chads and all – and the winners are as follows:

Third runner up – Daniel!


Second runner up – John!


First runner up, and the person that will succeed Shari if she is unfit to complete her duties – Candice!


And (drumroll, please) your winner of the 2005 1st Annual Ugly Holiday Sweater contest is….

Shari!



And now some words from our lovely winner….


I am pleased and incredibly proud to be chosen for this great honor. Rest assured, I do not take this achievement lightly and will use my role of Miss Ugly Sweater to help eradicate world hunger and promote peace among nations. I would like to thank whoever’s Grandma made the sweater that made this great day possible.

Thank you,

Shari – Miss Ugly Sweater 2006

7 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

OH CONGRATULATIONS!! You truly and honestly deserved to win. I dragged my sister off her comfy lounge half way across the room just to show it to her, and she thought it was honestly the ugliest thing ever! She works upstairs above a Starvation Army Shop and sees some horrors, but that took the cake :)

What are you going to wear next year now? You'll have to start looking!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger fakies said...

This is the one time I can be certain the win wasn't rigged. That was the only fair choice! Congrats and I hope you never wear that again!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Kingfisher said...

The sweater may be ugly, but in that picture you make it look FAB-U-LOUS!

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Ant said...

Hooray! I never doubted for a second that you'd win!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

Congratulations - that's something to be very proud of. There's a lot of competition last time I checked!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger rennratt said...

Congratulations!

Now wrap the sweater up and give it away with a note saying "This has brought me great luck. May it do the same for you."

The reaction of the recipient should be caught on tape and shared with the rest of us.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger anika said...

You are so awesome. I love your ugly sweater. And Daniel is so cute too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.