Thursday, December 28, 2006

I'm It

I haven't been tagged with a meme in a long time. This one is easy enough and does not involve delving into my heart of hearts (which is small and black as coal, by the way).

Here is the premise:

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book.
3. Name the author.
4. Turn to page 123.
5. Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
6. Copy the next three sentences and post to your blog.
7. Tag three more lucky souls

I happen to have one right here next to my keyboard that was just purchased last night. It was purchases "for the girls", but I seem to have it in my possession. I don't know why.

"Pirateology" by Captain William Lubber - Pirate Hunter
September 13, 1723
(this book does not have 123 pages, therefore I chose page 12)

"Born in Bristol, England, as Edward Teach, Blackbeard believed that the best way to control his pirate crew was to make sure they were always drunk. On one occasion he shot one of his own men, saying that if he did not kill a man every now and then, his crew would forget who he was."

That is just creepy - my parenting style in a pirate book.

Strange.

I tag ...
  1. Davey Jones
  2. Captain Morgan
  3. Jack Sparrow

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger fakies said...

Excellent tags! Oh, and very attention-getting three sentences. I think I just found a new book to read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.