Thursday, August 24, 2006

It Was A Beautiful Service

We decided to bury him by the rosebushes.
We lit candles since it was a dusk memorial. And yes, those are rose petals sprinkled on the casket (Or shoebox. He was a size 7 - womens it turns out).
We cheered Frere and his memory with our candles.
The girls wrote a "Top Ten Things I Like About Frere".
10. He was fun to play with.
9. He was nice to his brother.
8. I liked his red eyes.
7. I liked his fluffy hair after his bath.
6. He wouldn't move around like Sunny in the bath.
5. His favorite fruit was grapes.
4. He had cute ears.
3. He was quieter than his brother.
2. He was nice to us.
1. He was thoughtful.
It was standing room only. Grace, Natalie, Eric and Roxy the dog came for the ceremony. It was so good for them to come.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger Christine said...

RIP sweet Frere. He was the one of the guinea pig experiment if I remember correctly.

He was a good guinea pig. And I will miss his presence on 'If Swallowed, Induce Vomiting.'

And your girls? So sweet.

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, what a wonderful service!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger anika said...

Ok ... This is my THIRD time trying to leave a comment ...

What an amazing service, and so nice of people to come from all over to honor Frere.

And I love the list. If there's one thing I remember about Frere from my visits it's that he was thoughtful.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Kingfisher said...

Since this was written with tongue firmly in cheek, I don't feel too bad that I laughed.

Gotta hand it to Roxy the dog. A perfectly good dead rodent to dig up, and s/he behaved well.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

So sorry that I missed the service. I was there in spirit, though.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Kingfisher said...

Wow. I've been called a bastard by a wuss named Ant.

*squash*

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

Ohhh poor little Frere, may he be happy in his new afterlife. Losing a beloved pet is never easy, is it?

*sigh*

Your girls are so brave and lovely :)

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Rockstar Mom said...

OMG, you are an amazing mom! To go through all that trouble for a guinea pig! And I know the value of giving up a good towel too. I am really really impressed.

Your girls are lucky. But I send condolences from myself, my daughter and a hamster.

RIP Frere.

A size 7...who knew?

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Diane Valencen said...

From the staff of the Daily Pitchfork may Frere rest in peace.

D.T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.