Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What We Did This Weekend - O! Canada! Edition

My very best blogger friend (BBFFL) Anika was coming down this past weekend with a car full of friends to go to the Ani Difranco concert and I insisted that they spend that Friday evening after the concert with me. They were super kind and even invited me to come along to the concert...but work reared it's ugly head.

They did come to spend the night - lined up like sardines on my living room floor. Their Canadian excitement over the inexpensive wines at the grocery store was infectious.

But inexpensive rarely translates to "good".

This is Anika and her fantastically hysterical boyfriend Jason who kept me laughing with his stories all night. I love a person who can really tell a story. Jason, you can.


And Phil? I'm sure if you have spent any time on Anika's blog you probably have not seen a picture of him and her. They are a rare treat. He made breakfast Saturday morning. And he's super tall. That has nothing to do with breakfast you say?

Ha! He is the only one but me that would notice the griddle is located on top of my cabinets, not inside.

Yay for tall people!


This is Kaila and Jessica doing dishes. Aren't they sweet? Doing dishes!


Here's the group showing their ID's in preparation for the border crossing. Jessie (in the front) has no picture ID and was hassled by the mean lady border guard. I think she is practicing her "I didn't know I had to have ID officer.....really....but see how cute I am" evasive maneuver.

I think it worked because they got home.

Thanks for coming guys!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger Kaila said...

Thanks Shari for being so kinda as to let us people stay in your lovely home! And your girls are wonderful! And you were right...the couch was the best bet for comfort! Thanks again!

~Kaila~

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger tiff said...

so young, and all so CUTE!!!!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger anika said...

Shari, you are simply the best. We had so much fun and wanted to stay FOREVAH to play at your house.

Thank you so much for everything, and I'm countin' down the days till September!!

Sneak attack:
AAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger fakies said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I don't go anywhere without my picture ID. I'm not taking any chances! :)

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I love Canadians.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Philnominal said...

hmmm......I'm thinking I'm gonn......SNEAK ATTACK!!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

ok that was greatly unexpected right?

anyway.....wow, Shari, you are one of a kind and it was so nice of you to let us stay with you...totally made our trip complete!
I'm totally gonnna clean your ceilings next time I'm there.
because....
TALL-IS-HOT!!!
thats right you heard it here first!!

See you in Sept!
Much love
Phil

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Christine said...

So cute! And the kitten has gotten BIG.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.