Friday, August 04, 2006

Quicksand

The new position is really ramping up this week. Chris is leaving next week on Wednesday for China.

All day long yesterday, I kept getting...."Oh yeah, and we need to get this done by tomorrow. And, this other thing done by um....Today. And that big thing? With the 600 (literally) manual changes that need to be done? That has to be done on Monday. Along with the payroll audit."

Holy shit.

I dreamed that everyone in my department kept coming by my desk to give me Chris' things while he was gone.

A stapler. His tape dispenser. Reports. His phone.

My dreams are funny in a scarily symbolic sort of way.

Bear with me, maybe I will feel verbose this weekend.

5 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger fakies said...

Sounds like you may need to start mainlining stress pills. I'll be right there with you. Kava kava root, anyone?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger anika said...

Maybe they will also give you his flask full of vodka.

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger rennratt said...

Ahhh. Stress. Beloved Stress. I have been told that stretching and deep breathing can help.

I prefer loads of heavy duty coffee - and an endless supply of chocolate. Want some?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger KOM said...

Reminds me of my favorite exchange from Brain Candy:

"So how are we on that?"
"That thing that you just mentioned, just now? Oh, we're on top of that!"

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Kingfisher said...

Make the job your own. It's GREAT to do just one successful thing different from your predecessor. (sp?)

btw, how come you don't visit no more? I took the naughty pic down. And your input is important to me!

*pouts*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.