Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude


I have real issues with those inspirational posters (and mouse pads, etc...) that grace the offices of many businesses. For example.....



Capitalism

Let nothing stand in your way- old ladies, your conscience, your morals. Stomp them all into the ground like the maggots they are. Then you will, at last, be successful.

I like to make fun of these framed products of mass-produced inspiration. I mean, does anyone really take this stuff seriously?

I work in Human Resources at my company, and more specifically in what is called the Employee Service Center - or the ESC for short. We baby our employees here, and everyone is truly the better for it. We get calls and emails regarding benefits, problems at work, issues with management, etc. It's a great job. It's like being a detective for your co-workers problems/issues. Not everyone's cup o' tea, I'm sure - but I like it.

Anyway, being the sarcastic one of the group, I printed up signs for the three of us that staff the ESC. They had a picture of office workers gathered around a table and the caption read, "There Is No 'I' in ESC".

We all well understood the tongue-in-cheek quality of this sign. But everyone else?

Well.....an email was sent for us to vote on which of the following we would prefer -



I am published. We will be wearing little "Sarcastic Shari" pins. How cool is that?!

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger anika said...

NOOOO! AHAHAHAHA SHARI that is so funny!!!
You are absolutely the best in the world.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT is great!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

How awesome! I feel the same way about 'inspirational posters'. My office is littered with stuff from www.despair.com It looks like you should work for them!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

I LOVE DESPAIR.COM - i used to have those posters all over my desk at my old work. I especially like the telephone customer service one that was something like "If we ignore them, maybe they'll just go away".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.