Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Weekend of Hippie Dancing, Nigerians, Huge Diamonds and Rock Stars

Cinco de Mayo was my friend Siera's birthday. I met her at my chiropractor's office and I adore her with my entire heart. She is only 25 and is wise beyond her years.

You know when you hit that stage in life where you realize how disappointing your friends really are? That they really suck and are only around when things are good, but tend to scurry off like little roaches the moment something real happens?

separating the wheat from the chaff can be a painful and long-term project. But it is so very worth it.

Here are some pictures from that crazy night.


Siera in all her glory.

Siera opening MY present. (The most important one, of course).


Okay, the girl in the middle is named Amber. The girls in the green shirt was really funny, but got lost in the transition from Siera's house to the bar. By the end of the night it was only Siera, Bob the 7'6" Nigerian, Amber and I. Bob the Nigerian is a WHOLE other story! It was the strangest thing to be walking next to this humongously tall person. I don't recall ever having to crane my neck to see someone. Now I can say otherwise.

Amber was, quite possibly, the funniest person I have ever met. She is what you may want to call......theatrical. She can dance. It would seem to me that she had some sort of training. I recognized ballet positions and moves. I recognized tap stuff. And when I suggested she do the hippie dance by yelling, "OOO! Do the hippie dance!". She immediately complied.

And nailed it.

Needless to say, I claimed her as my new friend. MINE!

A good (if not great time) was had by all. Thanks Siera!

This is my personal depiction of the diamond in my new engagement ring. I tried to draw it to scale so that when you click on the picture it will show you how big the diamond really is.

Actually, I got the ring for my friend and co-worker who actually WANTS to be engaged. (Yeah, I don't get it either.) But I love her anyway.

I never realized you could get such cut, color and clarity at the Party Store. Who knew?

_____________________________________

And now on to the belated birthday party for Sophie!

This picture is trying to capture the action of blowing water out of the noodle hole behind her head. It didn't work, but it's a cute picture anyway.

Maya's first jump off the diving board in her whole entire life. She got all shakey and everything.


The future hooligans

Okay, YOU MUST click on this picture to enlarge it. It's so great!

In Sophie's goody bags, instead of putting plastic toys and gobs of candy, I tried to find something more fun. They had these little blackboards with chalk and an eraser. How cool is that?

So, I had them all write a message to Sophie in honor of her birthday. Please note a few things.

  1. Sophie is crossing her eyes and it creeps me out.
  2. The girl to the left of Sophie has the best message, I think.
  3. Maya has made it all about her, once again.
  4. The girl to the right of Sophie is the worlds next rock star.

What would you write on your blackboard?

5 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Christine said...

OH my goodness. That last picture, just freakin awesome. I love the one under Soph with the I <3 you message. So cute!

Your girls are absurdly beautiful and if one of my cousins would start poppin out boys, I would totally arrange marriages.

My message to Sophie, "Happy Birthday, don't cross your eyes, they might stay that way, but more importantly, it freaks your mother out."

Making it the longest message written on a four by six blackboard ever.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

I would write "I am crap at Karate, but not as your friend. Happy Birthday".

:)

Btw I love your engagement ring. It's just soo... soo... beautiful. I'm way jealous.

What is it, 867458676 carats?

Lovely though, just lovely

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Amy said...

That is the most awesome idea AND picture! Well done! What would I write on my blackboard? Sopie is beautiful!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

*ahem* I couldn't help but notice that Sierra has no ring on her finger.

Well, that and she has a nice rack. I am a guy after all.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Kingfisher said...

My blackboard would say

S M Y T



The world's most awesomest Verification: mrwodkng = Mr. Wood King (that's me in the morning)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.