Tuesday, April 25, 2006

21 Gun Salute

It is time to honor the Minty Squirrel. But just to clarify.....it is not being sold, nor is it dead.

It is on hiatus.

My sister was wonderful enough to give me her old car (a Honda Accord). I love the Squirrel, though, and although she advised me to sell it and get the $50 that it is worth, I cannot do it for these reasons:
  1. I do not KNOW the other car yet. I do not trust it.
  2. How do I sell something named the Minty Squirrel?
  3. I would never be able to sell it for what it is actually worth considering our history together. It would break my heart.

Nonetheless, I do realize that I cannot keep it forever (probably not, anyway) so I have come up with a plan.

The girls and I were just at "Build a Bear" a month ago. We got out of there with two bears that cost almost $50 each. It was their Dad's money thank God, or we never would have gone there. What I realized is people are MORE THAN willing to buy an experience.



So, while I get to know this other car, Minty is putting himself out there. Blogging, e-dating (nothing serious, he's just been hurt in a previous relationship). I am here to support him in this difficult time and I hope you will be, too. His MySpace address is....

http://www.myspace.com/mintysquirrelcar

Go! Become his friend. Help him on his journey!

Then, when I sell the car I can sell it as an experience. Not ONLY do you get a 1990 Ford Festiva, but you get a chronicle of it's past year of life, a photo montage, it's favorite music and it's dating history.....

9 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger melissa said...

Hee hee hee.

You're too funny.

I'll have to check out that myspace later!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger anika said...

Shari, what is the SUPERFUNEXCITINGNEWS?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Shari said...

Um...that was it.

Geez.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

I love it! May it draw enough kitch attention to drive up a decent selling price. That way, you can comfortably sell it - and the buyer will have a great story to tell:

"I found her/him on MySpace. (S)He's called 'The Minty Squirrel', and..."

If I could get away with it, I would buy it JUST for the story!

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I drove a 1990 Ford Festiva in THAT SAME COLOR all through college in TN! It was an experience, that's for sure. Everyone else was driving BMW's and top of the line 2-doors. My mom pulled up in THAT.

I got over it. It was a car, and that's what mattered, right? ;)

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Amy said...

That was too funny. I was introduced to the Minty Squirrel during the departure speech. I wish him well on his new adventures!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Christine said...

That's awesome Shar. I'm glad Minty is branching out.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Janie said...

good for him. tell him to take it easy until he gets back in the swing of things.

and good luck with the newbie. what is the new one's name?

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

Well as long as Minty gets a loving new home he can have MORE adventures to have and tell.

What more could a little car want????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.