Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What We Did This Weekend - Birthday Party Edition

Well, after this weekend I have to say that I am feeling that extra year. I'm TIRED! Still.

About 30 people showed up at the backyard birthday extravaganza. I had to postpone it until Sunday night because Saturday was so very rainy and gloomy. It was still threatening, so we put up umbrellas and a tent/tarp thing.....but it didn't rain a drop!


The grill smokes with juicy cheeseburger goodness!

The girls took advantage of the distracted adults and thieved a box of donut holes - devouring all but one of them in the matter of about 6.5 seconds. The sugar rush lasted quite late into the night, culminated in Sophie breakdancing.....but that's another picture.

This is my co-worker Daniel. He's small, but he can eat. He should probably do it professionally.

And this is co-worker Daniel later on in the night after many beers. He should probably NOT drink professionally.

Neighbor Natalie, Ex-Roommate Kristy and her girlfriend Stephanie, and Siera sitting in a super tiny chair.

Crazy PJ dancing. Things are starting to really get going.

Sophie breakdances to "Mamma Mia" by ABBA. Yep, it's possible. Not pretty, but possible.

The night is winding down.......the breakdancing is no longer happening....Siera is sinking lower and lower into the kiddie chair.........

So low, in fact, that she is mistaken for a couch by Roxy the dog.

And, so goes Shari's 34th birthday party. It was a good one.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger melissa said...

Aw! So glad you had a good time!!!! Wish I could've been there to wish you a happy birthday in person!

And, breakdancing Sophie?! That's so cooL!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger anika said...

Oh how I wish I was there ... I coulda used the wine.

I'm so glad you had a blast -- it looked so great!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Oh I'm so glad it went well, even if it did look like it was going to rain.

I wish I were there...I totally could have helped Daniel with the drinking. I'm a champ.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Kingfisher said...

Ha! Great party, but it would not have been great without the family dog doing something stupid and goofy funny.

Did you get the Maserati I sent?

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

Wow. Looks like great fun! Many happy returns.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

It looks like you had a great party! Sorry we missed it!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Shari said...

I wish all of you could have been there. A blogger reunion should be in the cards, don't you think?

Kingfisher? The Maserati isn't here yet? Can you get me a tracking number or something?

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger KOM said...

Happy belated birthday! That party looked like fun.

If you need me, I'll be looking around for how to be a professional drinker...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.