Friday, February 03, 2006

The Scientific Method

I know that you have all been just dying to know how the Science Fair Experiment is going. I mean, just what is a guinea pig's favorite fruit or vegetable anyway? You need to know!

What follows is excerpts from Maya's scientific journal:

January 22, 2006

Foods I want to try:

plum
apple
orange
broccoli
cucumber
lettuce
grapes
carrot
onion
banana
tomato

I'm going to put the food three feet away from the Guinea pig. Then I'm going to time him. I'll only do it once every day so the Guinea pig doesn't get full. I'll take pictures of the Guinea pig. I'll let the Guinea pig sniff the food at the starting line.

Experiment one - broccoli

He kept on sitting there. So after ten minutes I decided to start over and put it on two feet it took 6 minutes and 59 seconds. But before he turned in a circle and came back and ate the broccoli. This is how Sunny walked around in a circle.

[adorable picture drawn here]

January 23, 2006

Experiment 2 - Apple

It took a long time. It took 14 minutes and 19 seconds. He kept on turning around and steping on the measering tap. I think he was doing it because my Mom was cooking dinner. We might do an apple another day when my Mom isn't cooking.

January 24, 2006

Experiment 3 - cucumber

He kept sitting there for about 10 minutes. Finaly he got there. He didn't seeem to like the cucumber that much. The time was 11 minutes and 54 seconds. I do notice that he chatters his teeth before he moves.

January 30th, 2006

Experiment 4 - carrots

He sat there for about 1 minute. Then he moved. It took him 9 and 4 seconds. I thought he would get there fast and get there and beat the time.

January 31st, 2006

Experiment 5 - grapes

It wasn't that long. It just took 3 minutes and 3 seconds he just sat then before you now it he's there. I think this is the one that is the fastest.

February 2, 2006

Experiment 6 - lettuce

It took such a long time it took him 17 minutes and 33 seconds. I was so inpatience I thought he would never get there.


Yeah, that lettuce experiment? I was impatience, too.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Janie said...

yikes. sounds exciting. i give Maya the blue ribbon!!! good work, girls!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger anika said...

I agree. Great work everybody. Sharp broadcast. Everyone on the floor as well ...

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger melissa said...

Very thorough!

~*applause*~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.