Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Just Because You Asked So Nicely....

I really like the name "St. Valentine's Day Massacre 2006" for the CD. However, when writing down all the songs I realized something. The songs start out kind of easy going, then they build to bone crushing hate-filled rock, then they ease back down again.

A parabola, if you will.

A PARABOLA OF PAIN!

I think I am going to call this CD just that - "The Parabola of Pain".

What do you think?

And since everyone seems to love this idea, and I don't have a way to mail all my internet friends a CD for Valentine's Day.... here are the songs. You can burn one yourself! So, without further ado, I give you

The Parabola of Pain Volume 1
  1. By Myself - Greg Brown
  2. White Wedding - Billy Idol
  3. Shut Up - Black Eyed Peas
  4. It Aint Over Till It's Over - Lenny Kravitz
  5. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (A Man After Midnight) - ABBA
  6. You Oughtta Know - Alanis Morrisette
  7. The First Cut Is The Deepest - Rod Stewart
  8. Love Is A Battlefield - Pat Benatar
  9. I Hate Myself For Lovin' You - Joan Jet
  10. I Did It All For the Nookie - Limp Bizkit
  11. In and Outta Love - Bon Jovi
  12. Brave and Crazy - Melissa Etheridge
  13. You're So Vain - Janet Jackson with Carly Simon
  14. Love Song - The Cure
  15. Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
  16. Spring Will Be A Little Late This Year - Sarah Vahaugn
  17. Lady Sings the Blues - Billie Holiday

And maybe I misspelled some names in the above list. But I don't care. I'm all hard-core like that.

6 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Ant said...

OK, I read this post this morning and didn't really have anything to say about it...

Four hours later and the only words rattling around my head have been "parabola of pain"...

You so need to market this CD Shari, it could be a whole new genre: "Parabolic Rock".

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger melissa.in.london said...

Thank you!

I have to download a few, but I plan to make myself a cd. I will title it Shari's Parabola of Pain, Vol. 1. Or perhaps Parabola of Pain Vol. 1 by Shari. 'Cause I'm just so CRAZY...

:D

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger anika said...

I. Love. It. AND I love YOU.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

The name is just brilliant. And the song listing is pretty damn cool too.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Underachiever said...

I love it! But can I get a
mix-tape instead? It adds to the pain.

Lub,

Undr(I am a fan of the "parabola of pain"!)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Janie said...

good work, shari. i must say i'm all about the massacre. although, once i looked up the word 'parabola' i like that one too. decisions, decisions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.