Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Just Because You Asked So Nicely....

I really like the name "St. Valentine's Day Massacre 2006" for the CD. However, when writing down all the songs I realized something. The songs start out kind of easy going, then they build to bone crushing hate-filled rock, then they ease back down again.

A parabola, if you will.

A PARABOLA OF PAIN!

I think I am going to call this CD just that - "The Parabola of Pain".

What do you think?

And since everyone seems to love this idea, and I don't have a way to mail all my internet friends a CD for Valentine's Day.... here are the songs. You can burn one yourself! So, without further ado, I give you

The Parabola of Pain Volume 1
  1. By Myself - Greg Brown
  2. White Wedding - Billy Idol
  3. Shut Up - Black Eyed Peas
  4. It Aint Over Till It's Over - Lenny Kravitz
  5. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (A Man After Midnight) - ABBA
  6. You Oughtta Know - Alanis Morrisette
  7. The First Cut Is The Deepest - Rod Stewart
  8. Love Is A Battlefield - Pat Benatar
  9. I Hate Myself For Lovin' You - Joan Jet
  10. I Did It All For the Nookie - Limp Bizkit
  11. In and Outta Love - Bon Jovi
  12. Brave and Crazy - Melissa Etheridge
  13. You're So Vain - Janet Jackson with Carly Simon
  14. Love Song - The Cure
  15. Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
  16. Spring Will Be A Little Late This Year - Sarah Vahaugn
  17. Lady Sings the Blues - Billie Holiday

And maybe I misspelled some names in the above list. But I don't care. I'm all hard-core like that.

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger melissa said...

Thank you!

I have to download a few, but I plan to make myself a cd. I will title it Shari's Parabola of Pain, Vol. 1. Or perhaps Parabola of Pain Vol. 1 by Shari. 'Cause I'm just so CRAZY...

:D

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger anika said...

I. Love. It. AND I love YOU.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

The name is just brilliant. And the song listing is pretty damn cool too.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Janie said...

good work, shari. i must say i'm all about the massacre. although, once i looked up the word 'parabola' i like that one too. decisions, decisions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.