Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Camping Update

Okay, I was going to wait until I could post pictures of my camping trip, but I just can't. We had such a fantastic time, it exceeded all expectations! And I must say my expectations were high.

We arrived Friday afternoon at about 2:30 and proceeded to scout out a camp site. Dave had mentioned that a creek with a waterfall ran behind his house. I pictured a small waterfall, but it was actually a large (about 15 feet across) waterfall that fell over exposed lava flow and tumbled downhill through large, moss-covered boulders. It was gorgeous. The girls played in the freezing water all afternoon and evening. I can't wait to post some of the pictures I took of them!

The Coleman stove (aka- perfect gift) came in quite handy for our dinner and subsequent breakfast the next morning. Many hot dogs were consumed.

We hiked along, through and up the waterfall on Saturday. It was 90 degrees that day, but we were in comfort hiking through the glacial spray from the creek. The girls played with Dave's dog Juno until she collapsed and refused to rouse from her dog-nap coma. And we capped off the day with a campfire where Maya, Sophie, Mang and I all ate copious amounts of smores, and later threw all inhibition to the wind and ate the marshmallows straight from the stick!

We left around noon on Sunday and came home to scrub the filth from ourselves and launder clothes that had never seen the amount of dirt that we had accumulated. We had such a great time, but I know that the maximum amount of time I want to camp is no longer than 2-3 days. The main reason for this is I do not like peeing in the woods. And the other bodily function? My body has this magic ability to absolutely stop any normal urges until it walks through the door of the place that it calls home. This was a good thing, but I can foresee problems if this went on for a length of time. Know what I mean?

Pictures will be coming, I promise. (of camping, not bodily functions)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.