Wednesday, February 21, 2007

WWDTW - Flaming Geyser

*Updated! With bigger and better pictures!*
**Also note - I am a horrible movie-end-ruiner, so if you don't know what happens at the end of "Bridge to Terabithia" then, good God man, stop reading right here!**

Finally! Something that I can actually write about for a "What We Did This Weekend" post. Its been a long time.

First of all, the girls and I - along with Mistah, Natalie and Grace - went to "Bridge to Terabithia" this weekend. Holy. It was very sad. Sophie cried for an hour - and it would have been longer but she cried herself to sleep.

It was a fantastic movie - and we all knew that she died in the book. But...wow.
We also took advantage of the one great sunshiny day to go to a local state park called "Flaming Geyser". It is beautiful there, and luckily only 20 minutes from my house. You all should come visit. I would take you there. Really, I would.

Rivers are obviously very funny.

Oooo....ahhhhh.....

Can you get any more mossy? It's a fairy world. Sophie loves it.

Please notice that little trees are growing out of the fallen tree that is bridging the trail. Cool, huh?

More tomorrow.....

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

That sounds like an AWESOME weekend!

Thanks, by the way, for telling the end of 'Bridge'. I have never read the book, and have been trying to decide whether Nooze should see it.

I'm thinking she may be too young. Especially if sweet Sophie cried herself to sleep after seeing it. I'm guessing it's a child version of 'Legends of the Fall'?

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger rennratt said...

You did not 'ruin' the movie for me. You PREPARED me.

Perhaps we will wait unitl it comes out on video - and watch it during the day on a Saturday. That way, she will be a little older...

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Ant said...

Bootiful! I'm totally holding you to that when I come visit again...

Oh and btw, did you see?

Squids!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Wow, that looks beautiful. And it IS such a fairy place.

Your girls as always are awesome. They get it from you.

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could SOOOOOOOOO live there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.