Friday, February 16, 2007

I Feel Much Better - Thank You

Just in case you were worried that I have turned into an angry, profanity-spewing monster I thought I would post the letters that I wrote to the girls on Valentine's day. This blog is eventually for their benefit, so occasionally I should probably put something in it about them, eh?

________________________________
Maya,

I am so glad that you are my daughter. When you were born you changed my life forever. I never knew how much love I had in my heart until I saw you for the first time.

I am so proud of the person that you are becoming. You are so smart and funny! I remember being in fourth grade and how exciting it was when I realized I was growing up. It can be hard and frustrating sometimes, but it's the biggest adventure of your life.

Thank you for being so sweet and kind to your friends, your sister and me.

You are an amazing girl.

Mom

__________________________

Sophie,

What would I do without you? I cannot image my life without you in it. I love you so much it hurts - but in a good way! :)

I love your laughter and how you always sing in the shower. Did you know that you even sang in the bathtub when I gave you baths as a baby?

I think you were born happy. Not many people are lucky like that - so remember just how special you are.

You have a lot of friends because you are a good friend. Keep being that way! You have a way with people that will bring you a lot of joy in your life.

Thank you for being such a fantastic kid.

Mom

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger melissa said...

Aw.

You are such a good mom.

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Ant said...

Lovely.

I never think of my blog as being a legacy but you're totally right, it's a fantastic thing to give to your kids...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.