Wednesday, February 07, 2007

"The Movie"

Just as I was sitting down to dinner with the girls last night I was accosted with this question from Maya...

"So....when did you have to watch "The Movie"? You know the one."

And honestly, I don't remember every seeing "The Movie". I guess they figured that us country girls already knew all there was to know. Growing up on a cattle ranch does expose you to the importance of breeding right off the bat, I guess.

Sometime in April Maya's fourth grade (fourth grade!?) class will be split by gender to view this movie. Many kids are quite anxious, but it did my heart good to have Maya say, "Wow. I'm really glad you told me all about that stuff last year. At least I won't be surprised."

I went into quite some detail last year, so I am sure that nothing will come as a huge surprise, but I did warn her that "The Movie" would probably be more technical in nature than our numerous conversations in the kitchen have been.

We talked about "It" some more just to clarify some of her questions and then she said..."Boy, are some people going to be surprised!"

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Anthony the Loser said...

Any advice?

memoirsofaloser.blogsource.com

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Bells said...

tee hee. That's so cute. At least they don't have to sit through it with their parents like we did at my school!!!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

When MY mother sat us down to tell us the 'facts of life', I ran screaming out of the room. My mum looked at my sister and said 'oh, well. I guess you'll get to tell her later'.

And she did.

I plan to do exactly the same thing when Nooze asks ME about them.

Then I will call my sister, and let HER explain it all.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger LID said...

Thanks for visiting LID today!

Yeah, I'm still surprised...go figure!

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

Believe it or not... my mother gave me a lecture on Monday. I am 31 years old. Mind you, it was all about the horrors of what happens to your girly inside bits when you've had too many babies and get old, but still.... ack.

My school educated us in Kindergarten (much to my grandparents shock when I told them all about it).

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Ant said...

I never had a proper sit-down chat with my parents, but would have some fairly in-depth discussions with my mum, to the point where folk were quite shocked at the subject matter covered...

Peer review was always a good learning tool as well. I have to say "The Movie" was a big disappointment after all the hype...

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger fakies said...

We never had that talk in our house. As a matter of fact, I don't recall ever being subjected to the movie either. But I had older siblings. That was more than enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.