Tuesday, December 05, 2006

What I Did On My Winter Vacation

Wow. Who knew what could happen when you drop off the face of the earth for two weeks?

I missed my first ever hate comment. Ant's blog disappeared. Anika did something that I'm not sure is totally public so I won't say what it is yet.

Things just went absolutely nuts.

To all that have emailed me, I am getting back to you all....eventually. Really.

The girls and I went back to Montana to spend the Thanksgiving holiday. I haven't been back for Thanksgiving or Christmas since 1995 and I was concerned that it would be hard to not partake in my new family rituals. But it was fantastic.



I miss the blue skies and puffy clouds of Montana -"The Big Sky Country". I now realize what that means, living in Seattle -"Clouds Hover Over 100 Yards Over Your Head All Winter Country".


I was so excited to see snow, but as it happened the only snow was on the mountain passes between Idaho and Montana. The really ironic thing is I went all the way to Montana and geared the girls up for snow, and then we came home to this....




This kind of snow paralyzes everything in this area. I know, it sounds silly, but school was cancelled for three days. All the better to extend my vacation!


It was hunting season in Montana and we were lucky enough to snap this picture of a baby moose grazing safely among the cows. Smart moose.


And this is my Mom's own version of wildlife - the cat Blinky. He is almost an exact replica of Pepper, our cat, but he is older, male and well...he's stranger. He takes great pleasure in lying on my Mom's heated tile floor in front of the shower.

I suppose if we had a heated tile floor in front of our shower Pepper would abandon herself in sleep like this. I could happen.

There will be more posts soon, but I wanted to get this one out there if only for practice.

Oh! I have gone through all stages of interviewing as of this Monday for that new position at work. I really want it. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I will find out by the end of the week.

It's good to be back.

6 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Blogger Ant said...

Hooray! OK, I'll stop emailing you into oblivion now... :o)

Looks fantastic - I always think of Dances with Wolves when I see shots of the prairie like that.

Good luck with the new job!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Janie said...

-sigh- i'm so happy to see you again! glad you had a good vacation.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

Welcome back!

I'm glad that you were able to go back to Montana for the holidays.

*Fingers Crossed* for your interview!

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh of relief* I only just started reading (and enjoying) your blog and thought that stupidhead may have put you off. Glad you are back and good luck with the job.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

Yay you're back! I was panicking that you'd been eaten by a truck full of orange half-headed, 6 armed aliens, never to return like so many others!

I always love photos of cows & snow (I love cows and i have never really seen snow so it's always fascinating). Make sure you post more pictures, and also next time tell us when you're going on vacation so I don't go grey with worry!!

:)

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Christine said...

OH thank goodness you're back. I was starting to get worried. You and the girls and Blinky are all too damned cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.