Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Devil, A Pirate and a Nun Walk Into a Bar....

Halloween is one of the best times for the girls and I. We are hard core when it comes to this holiday. We are out from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm - rain or shine. This year bested last year because of no rain, but it was very chilly (in the 20's - which will seem insanely cold to some of you and ridiculously warm to others...but it is all in how I perceived it, really. That is what is important here.)



Pepper joined in the merriment for her first Halloween by sporting a pirate skull and crossbones collar. Avast! She is a damn fine cat, she is.
Maya was a pirate of the cutthroat group of "I must bare my midriff although I am only 9 and my Mom gave me that look and I had to promise it was just for Halloween and not real life" pirate crew.

And Sophie was, well, herself.


We practiced looking menacing.

And then lost all our menace when faced with a "sister".


Sophie was just a bit nervous by the moving and shaking skeleton thingy just off camera right.


Fog machines are cool.


Our Pumpkins. Mine is the small one. It is supposed to be really cool and polka-dotty. The polka dots proved too small to provide enough oxygen to the candle flame - even though I carved eleventy billion of them. Therefore, the top is off the pumpkin. And it doesn't even look cool.

But it had cool pumpkin potential.

Then we arrived back home. And even though sugar was racing through our veins, we were tired anyway.

Really tired.

Sugar coma tired.

Hope you had a great time too!

Love,

Shari and the ghouls

5 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

I wish I could have been there with you! Instead, I was stuck in traffic for over 2 hours, and got home in time to put my daughter to bed.

Trick or Treating is unsafe in these parts - the farm animals are too ornery at that time of night to pass out candy.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Kingfisher said...

I love your little girls.

And their Mom.

That is all.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Kingfisher said...

I love your little girls.

And their Mom.

That is all.

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

oh that looks SO FUN! Those pumpkin carvings are super dooper cool (even the spotty dotty hatless one) and and....

*sigh*

Australia sux sometimes.

I'm so glad you had fun :))))

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

Too cute! I wish we had Halloweeners like YOU guys in OUR neighborhood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.