Monday, November 06, 2006

You Make Me Wet

Since Friday the Cascade Mountains have had over a foot of rain. Seattle has had over 8 inches - today alone it had 3.5.

November is always the wettest month. But this is above and beyond.

The storm drains are clogged with the cement of rotting leaves. The saturated ground is screaming "No more!" and forcing the rain into puddles. The puddles overflow in raging torrents that use the street as their riverbed, and cars for white water inducing boulders.

It is fantastic.

I was riding the Dart - a short bus of sorts that goes from work to the train station - we were the last one down the street before it was shut down to all traffic. As we were driving through the "James Street River" the water was coming into the bus as high as the second step.

I missed the first train, but boarded the second and got to the station at home with no problem. But, unfortunately it was then that I realized that I had left my car keys at work.

I trudged through mid-calf-high streams all the way home - the wind buffetting my umbrella and encouraging it to invert into yet another water vessel.

I can safely say that it is the first time I have come home from work with pruney toes.

I love this time of year.

4 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger Cavalor Epthith said...

Shari!

Hell needs your help!

We need to get your feel on the populace on this election day as we live blog the trends, the results and the reaction.

Will get back to you with some questions shortly and kudos on your fun blog!

Cavalor Epthith
Editor-in-Chief
The Dis Brimstone-Daily Pitchfork

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Christine said...

It's blog titles like that which contribute to the random googlers.

And also? Holy smokes batman, I like a good down pour, but that seems excessive even for me.

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

SEND IT HERE.

We're in the midst of such a huge drought we're not even allowed to use watering cans anymore or town water outside the house.

To genuinely complain about too much rain? Unheard of!!!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Janie said...

i must confess, i do love the rain. it is so much better than the nasty snow i am moving to.
however, my heart goes out to you having to walk home after work, unprepared. nooooo good. you are such a nice girl for doing this and not torturing anyone after.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.