Sunday, July 16, 2006

What We Did This Weekend - Packwood

About thirty miles out of town I took a breath so deep that it popped three vertebrae in my back in rapid succession. It was a release so violent that it almost knocked the wind out of me.

And it felt fantastic.

I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story....

Admittedly, not to most pristine pic of Mt. Rainier, but I wanted to get a picture at the top of this hill because it shows up so well. Just ignore the house, vehicles and telephone pole.

This was waiting for me on the floor of Dave's cabin along with a box of matches and a can of white gas. I love the underlined words in the directions. And the smiley face.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Whoooooooooooooo!

The creek behind Dave's cabin was not running very hard, but we still had a bit of a waterfall in which to subject the Barbie doll's to "water slide fun".

The girls with Dave's dog Juno.

Scary white poisonous looking fungus-flower like ghost things.


I'm not sure what the face is about.


Sophie playing with Dave's Grizzly Adams hair. He vacillates between "I'm a respectable businessman" and "Grizzly Adams hair". This more appropriately fits his character.

I stayed up until three or so in the morning talking with Dave and drinking, over the course of the entire night mind you, an entire bottle of wine and a few beers. It was well worth the headache that I woke up with.

Oh! And I tried to get a picture of the funny slug in the cabin's bathtub, but the batteries died in my camera and I had too much wine to find them. But there was a slug. And it was very funny.

I'm pretty sure you had to be there.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Blogger rennratt said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! I am so glad that you chose to go!

Aren't you glad you chose to ignore your refrigerator?

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger anika said...

So much fun!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger tiff said...

slugs = funny. Especially in bathtubs. Because, like, what are they DOING in there? :>

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger melissa said...

Looks like lots of fun! I love love love it when you include pictures!

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

Yay for Mt Rainer! I've never ever even heard of it but it looks really really nice and... snowy. I'm not into snow personally, but i'm sure it's a lot of fun, despite the cold. :))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.