Sunday, June 25, 2006

What We Did This Weekend - Ant Edition

I don't even know where to start. What a fantastic time...

First of all, it was 95 degrees yesterday - almost unbearably hot. This may have dampened the enthusiasm of some potential guests, but everyone important slathered on their sunscreen and joined in the "sweating like pigs" revelry.

Ant is, of course, wonderful. He was incredibly brave and drove from Seattle - a totally strange city and country and side of the street AND side of the car drive.....and made it, on time and pretty much intact.

Because of a comment in a former post regarding the "No Testicles" rule in my house, he came ready to check them at the door.

And I had a special little bag for him to leave them in that said "Testicles Here".

And he brought the girls gifts and a lovely ceramic Loch Ness Monster for me. And if there is any way to immediately make it into my heart - it is the giving of gifts.

I cannot tell you how hysterical it was to sit at my table full of friends, listening them argue and laugh and talk over one another about so many subjects - work, Walmart (it's evil draw and the white trash Walmart task force that has stymied every damn one of us), KMart, Politics, War, Red/Blue States, single Mothers....I'm sure I have missed many subjects here, but you get the picture.

I can't help but think that when I made the conscious decision to make good, solid friends and put some hard emotional work into improving that aspect of my life, that it has worked out better than I could have ever possibly imagined.

Sierra, Megan and Sean. This is my "so-called-friend" Megan who refused to tell the end of the Shamrock story when I was so hysterically laughing and crying at the same time that I didn't think I could make it through. Her tough love got me over the hump, though.


Ant is way back there in the black shirt. I was enjoying myself so thoroughly that I did not get any other pictures of him. Oops.

But, he did pose for some pictures with the Minty Squirrel that will hopefully make it on his blog soon.

And this is how the girls felt about the day. They played with so many kids in the front yard inflata-pool ALL afternoon. But it was good.

Very good.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That wasn't tough love. I wasn't in much better shape than you were. I couldn't pull out the Grandpa Lars accent at that point and hold it steady enough to finish off that story. It had to be you. And, I might add, that your delivery (hysterical or not) is what makes that story so very, very funny.

"Who KNOWS how long we had been eating him..."

xxm

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger melissa said...

Aw, it looks like loads of fun! Sorry I missed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.