Monday, April 10, 2006

Monday, Monday....la,la,la,la,la,la

Well, this one has started out.... interesting.

I'm still trying to stay positive.

Just last week I was thinking, "Wow, I haven't had one of those coffee pot disasters - when the coffee and the grounds mysteriously flow all over the countertop- in a long time."

Well wait no more. It happened today.

Then, I am the vanpool driver this week because the main driver is gone. The van's gas tank was empty and we stopped to fill it up.

I could not for the life of me figure out how to open the damn gas cover. Not the cap, but the cover. It was perfectly aligned with the side, no little thing to insert your finger in to flip it open. I tried pushing on each side of it, because I had a car that opened that way. No fancy little button inside the van.....

After, and I am not exaggerating, almost 5 minutes of searching, the other women in the van (we are an all woman van except for Ray - the lonely male) suggested that "a man" take a look at the problem.

This is the worst thing in the world as far as I am concerned. But we did need to get to work.

Ray crawled out of the back of the van, walked around to my side....

AND FLIPPED THE DAMN THING OPEN WITH HIS FINGER LIKE IT WAS JUST NO BIG DEAL.

And he didn't even gloat about it or anything.

*sigh* I hate him.

AND..... it feels like someone has shoved a golf ball sized spiny sea urchin under my right shoulder blade. And NO, it does not have anything to do with me lifting something way too heavy and trying to be She-Ra yesterday.

Signed,

Me, sticking my tongue out at the world

3 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Janie said...

our coffee machine is regularly possessed and does the same thing! i'm sorry your monday isn't wonderful yet. i suggest you go eat some chocolate. and come visit us so andrew can fix your back!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger anika said...

Sucks to Mondays.

And Tanks God a long weekend is coming up!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

A local radio station plays "The Monday Song". It is sung to the tune of the Mickey Mouse song and says something to the effect of

"...this is a day that fills us full of stress...
cuz M-O-N-D-A-Y-S-U-C-K-S!"

I LOVE that song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.