Thursday, March 23, 2006

Resume Entry January 4, 2006 - Present

So when I started with the Legal Department I was officially full-time. Which also meant I qualified for the awesome benefit's package. Medical, dental, acupuncture, massage, etc, etc, etc. They even had someone from Human Resources sit down with me one-on-one for an hour to explain the benefit package!

What company does that? Usually it's - "Here is a list of your benefits available to you. Here is what you need to do. Goodbye."

The entire time the HR person is presenting the all the information on the cool perks I now was now getting I was thinking, "Wow. I would be really great at her job. I would LOVE her job. What a great job."

Well, her job became available at the end of my temporary stint in the Legal Dept. AND I APPLIED AND GOT IT!

It's been three months and I love it more and more every day.I get to welcome all the new hires to the company and watch their faces as we go through what this company offers it's employees.

It is ridiculous.

I just met with an ex-Microsoft employee that is new to REI. Microsoft is known for being a great place to work. Great benefits. Great atmosphere.

He was blown away with what we offer. He even mentioned that he has been here for less than a month and his friends are commenting on his great attitude. He couldn't understand what everyone all over campus was smiling about, but he gets it now.

It makes me proud. I never want to leave.

2 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Shari said...

Yeah, I don't think they can "dooce" me for it.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger melissa said...

I'm so happy for you! (And jealous.) You're so lucky...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.