Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Miracle on River Road*

I have been telling my lost wallet story to everyone.

Well, I have actually stopped short of telling strangers on the train, but everyone I know has been informed.

I don't want to get into any religion or politics on my blog, this is supposed to be about IMPORTANT things.

Like me, for instance.

But, I feel like I have to briefly touch on the following subject:

Don't you think "Miracle" is a strong word to use when describing the discovery of a lost wallet?

I cannot tell you how many people have said, "The Lord was looking down on you," or "The candle I lit for you Sunday paid off in that miracle," or "Are you going to come to my church this Sunday NOW that He did that for you?" or "Someone was really looking out for you on that one.".

I think it was pretty darn great that my wallet was found - with everything in it - two weeks after I lost it. It was great. I am thankful.

But it is not a miracle.

God (or Budda, or Odin, or Ra) is probably pretty busy right now giving Slobodan Milosevic a good talking to.

*River Road is the street they found my wallet on. It's a clever play on words. "Miracle on 34th St"? Nevermind.

3 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Christine said...

I feel that same sort of feeling every time the religious right tries to blame something on homosexuality...read, hurricanes, tornados, bombings...

The feeling, like, really? of all the things He/She/It has to deal with, you think it's gay marriage?

Even though, I mean, a returned wallet...WITH the cash still in it. Well, in your case it just might be a miracle.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Janie said...

PTL!
haha, sorry, couldn't resist. i do like to believe God cares about the little stuff, but regardless, after checking m-w.com i have to conclude that it is indeed a miracle.

however, call it what you like; just get up here to celebrate!!! :)

and, yes, very clever (and 'punny' yuk-yuk-yuk) title.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

wow congrats on getting your wallet back.

While I would say a huge thank you to God, beware of those who try to use it to get you into any religious organisation, it's usually for the wrong reasons - their own selfish salvation reasons.

Not that you might not have an epiphany one day and figure it all out, but don't let others mislead you over a wallet.

Anyway, congrats again, getting money returned is always awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.