Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Apples Are Falling Far From The Tree

Maya's report card comment section:

"Maya's positive attitude, conscientious completion of her assigned work and commitment to doing her best has provided her with many successes this year. Progress and improvement have been evident this trimester. We are working hard in the area of writing; it's encouraging to see her understanding grow. Thank you for sending such a delightful person to our class."

Sophie's report card comment section:

"Sophia continues to be successful in all areas. She as completed 30 of 38 units in the Readwell program and is currently reading independently in the Accelerated Reader program. She has read over 20 books in this program with a 96% accuracy on her tests. Sophia is able to write a well organized paragraph with topic sentence and at least two supporting sentences. She is an accurate speller and had beautiful handwriting. Her skills in math are good, as well. Sophia sets high standards for herself in both academics and citizenship and is a delight to have in class."

Shari's report card comment section from 1978:

"Shari talks too much in class and can be disruptive."

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger melissa said...

"Melissa talks too much in class"

"Melissa talks too much in class"

"Melissa talks too much in class"

"Melissa talks too much in class"

I did earn praise for things like my reading and writing and spelling, but that wasn't usually on the report card. My parents heard good stuff at conferences. They knew I talked too much. I did it at home, too!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Good for Maya and Sophie...they're so good.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger anika said...

Yay! Those are great report cards, congrats girls!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Janie said...

bwahaha, shari you are fabulous. i love that we were practically twins. there is hope for my kids!

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

omg - you copied MY report card.

Well, the part about you, anyway. I was *always* in trouble for talking, and NOTHING has changed since.

My workmates tell me to shut up ALL the time, cos I even talk to myself when no one else is listening. The only time they get peace is when i put my iPod on, and they they have to suffer with me quietly (very quietly) singing to myself and bopping away.

hehhe. Guess I never changed, and never will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.