Thursday, February 16, 2006

Alias

I was shopping for construction paper at the Dollar Store last night and realized that I truly love that store.

The kitsch is so so so very fantastic. I could spend hours there.

As I have said before, Sophie loves the ceramic figurines and has amassed quite a collection. Here is her latest find.




There are two more in the series. This one is named "Love" and she is saving up for "Faith" and "Hope".

Good God. I have "faith" that there is no "hope" for the child due to her "love" of crappy knick-knacks.

But the biggest find of the night was two racks of personalized items.

There were notepads. There were pens. With names! And sayings!

I have just started in a new position at my company and work closely with two other people. I have found they are just as sick and twisted as I am. So naturally I thought that they might enjoy having an extremely dorky notepad and matching pen with their name on it. Their names were there - Candice and Daniel. But Shari? Shari is never there. There is Sherry, Sherri and Sheri, but never Shari.

That's when I decided we all needed aliases anyway.

According to our notepads I am "Savannah", Candice is "Marissa", and Daniel is "Rick". My pen tells the world I am "Born to Shop", Candice is a "Bingo Mama" and Daniel is a "#1 Bowler". And if you thought it couldn't get any better than that..... along the bottom of our notepad are cutesy little pictures.

"Rick" has soccer balls.

"Marissa" has ponies and horses.

And "Savannah"? Dogs with hats.

Yeah. Dogs with hats.

I have no idea where that came from. But that is the beauty of the Dollar Store.

What would your notepad and pen say?

4 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

She needs to go to Clarksons warehouse. Those figurines you are showing are ROYAL DOULTON compared to the crap they have there for $1.

They buy up at auctions all the crap other stores can't sell and palm it off.

I've got a few photos of stuff i sneaked from there last time, i'll have to post them. I might go back for a visit tomorrow ;) Watch my blog!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Janie said...

before i disclose what my notepad and pen would say, i must say that i love sophie!

last night ani's man was helping jake work on his room. he suggested that jacob put the things he doesn't want in a pile. lol, silly feller. you can imagine the pocket-lint size that pile ended up being!

my notepad would say Trixie and my pen would say "relationship guru"

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger melissa said...

My pen would have my name be Juliana. The notepad would say that I am an "in-shower singer" and it would have pictures of rubber duckies.

:)

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger C said...

LOVE the Dollar Store. Truly random, cheap finds every time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.