Wednesday, February 15, 2006

It's Over....

At least this year I didn't get a postage due valentine from a gay man.

I mean it could have been worse.

I got nothing. Except the love of my fellow bloggers and good friends. I appreciate that.

Why am I still disappointed then? I am tough and uncaring and make dark and cynical music mixes! How much more heartless do you want me to be, world? Even with a 2 week preparation period I was unable to overide the inevitable loneliness that the marketers want every single woman to feel on Valentine's Day.

No good dirty rotten bastards.

I was talking to my best and greatest friend Megan last night when her husband and children came bursting into the house with happiness and love. I was jealous. And I cried. Right there on the phone.

I am not proud of that.

3 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger anika said...

Shari, you are loved. And you are gorgeous. And you are amazing. And you are raising two very wonderful and beautiful daughters.

You can be proud of that.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

hey, i got nothing either. All i could feel was happy tho, cos last year i had to literally beg and guilt my by then "very distant" boyfriend to meet me, and we had Burger King on platform 11 of central train station. Not exactly romantic.

Even getting nothing and sitting with my pets alone was far far better than that.

There's always a positive to everything. %:D

Your positive is that you have two lovely girls and lots of lovely friends who love you and think you're the bees knees.

You don't need a cruddy plastic-sounding card and half dead overpriced flowers to tell you that :)

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Shari said...

I am so thankful for you all. After I posted this I felt really terrible because it sounds as if I don't appreciate the real things in life.

But, it's all about the moment, right?

The coolest thing? Each of you I did not know before but I consider you a friend now... Anika from Canada, Ant from the UK (or Greece? haha), and Squishi from Australia....how great is that?

I am thankful for each and every one of you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.