Thursday, February 16, 2006

Advice For Dick Cheney From My Eight Year Old

Maya wakes up every morning at 5:30 A.M. so she can spend time with me. She lays on the couch and keeps an eye on the traffic report while I run around the house getting things ready for the day. (Even though I am taking the train now, she still keeps a vigilant eye out for any information on the Hwy. 167 congestion.)

Today, between traffic reports, she saw a news story about the Dick Cheney shooting incident. She walked into the kitchen with a perplexed look on her face.

She said, "Mommy, did you know the Vice President shot his friend?"

"Yes, honey. That was a bad accident, wasn't it?"

(I am serious about quoting this next passage because it was so profound that after I stopped laughing hysterically, I wrote it down...")

"Well, yes, but even I know.....
  1. Never go hunting.
  2. Never hunt with a gun.
  3. Never point a gun at your friend and accidentally shoot him."

While she was making her point, she was actually holding up one, two, then three fingers to emphasize her point.

Adults sometimes miss the simple, logical things - don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.