Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This One Really Takes the Pie

I have been busy, oh so very busy. Have you all gone? Will you come back if I blog regularly?

My sister sent me a great email with mixed metaphors from an ACTUAL person that she works with. The list is incredible. It makes me happy.

I love the mixed metaphor.

Thanks Shan for making this entry easy for me. (But do know, dear readers that remain, I have a huge secret that I am currently blogging about...... it's a biggie.)


Please do not share with my name attached.
My heart just bleeds peanut butter for you.
I went fishing and we caught 11 trout, there were 5 of us, we caught 4 each.
I've been running around like a chicken with its legs chopped off.
It's a stop gate measure.
There are some costs associated with saving.
The judge is still out on this.
Solar ellipse
I'm going to throw my hat in the fire.
like a chinaman in a bull shop
They agreed annually to send it out annually.
There are a lot of drawbacks, some good, some bad.
Quid pro pro
It's a step in the door.
We'll have to get down in the weeds to see the big picture.
That's a big cash cow, man.
1/2 of 1, 6 dozen to the other
Bandmyth (talking about McMurdo's internet band width issues)
seariated (blade)
1/2 the time I do not know and the other 25% I do…
Bush didn't go there with a purpose, he had a reason.
I can speak totally canned (candidly) with him.
pacificaly (specifically)
We will do every bit of our level effort.
midigule (miniscule)
I looked up the value of my car in the Kelly "Low" Book
the dog waggin the tail
ting-ching ($)
differcult and differculty
sal lo vee (c'est la vie)
Adjakent
sata off the datallite
We build an ice runway every year annually.
The old silver bullet (rectal thermometer)
Mailed the check in (died)
coming and going like flies
thinking about this out of the box
sub-septable
I have asked to my hearts content
we were right on the razor's knife
deplenished
recaveat
reinerate (reiterate)
He is the exicutioner for his folks' will.
Terbalance (turbulance)
can't make this crew dog drink water
Water can flow more than one way around a bridge
nitgritty
We need to sit down and walk through this.
Arraignment (arrangement)
A day short and a dollar late.
More than carter little liver pills can shake fleas at
two birds in one stone
Does this fish have a tail?
I'm going to get right between the middle.
Do you know what gets my goat going?
Put our level heads together
sis and deceased
They pay for what they get
If I had teeth they would bite me
terma frost (perma frost)
terma firma (terra firma)
Migate (mitigate)
pilferageing
She can make a mountain out of a spreadsheet.
longth (length)
extetics (esthetics)



And on a totally unrelated topic... She sent this cool picture taken by someone on a dive team down there. An Antartic jellyfish (that just doesn't seem possible).

6 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger anika said...

Don't jellyfish sting? I saw jellyfish once and I even worked up the courage to touch the top. It felt like jell-o. And I screamed while I did it (it's scary, ok?)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Janie said...

shari, shari, shari. don't have so (such?) little faith in us-- of course we are still here!! you couldn't get rid of us so easily!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, does Shannon just follow that guy around the WHOLE time waiting and hoping for more and more of those. Oh. My. God.

I think I'm in love.

Reminds me of the time my Mother-in-law tried to sing that song from the Sound of Music...
"Doe, a deer, a female deer.
Hay, a drop of golden sun.
Ray, a name I call myself...
...and it went on and on and on, each line more and more wrong than the one preceding it.

I laughed so hard, while trying not to laugh, trying to look out the window, trying to pretend I had something in my eye, that I think I lacerated something.

Damn, but I LOVE that stuff.

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

a big secret... um... you're moving to Australia?

That would sure be "big"

:)

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger melissa said...

That picture is amazing!

Longth. heh.
I'm going to wager a guess that the person responsible for the items in the list isn't an English speaker primarily. Just a guess.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger anika said...

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE -- WHAT'S THE SECRET????

(for Ant -- 4 question marks = I'm very inquisitive)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.