Thursday, September 08, 2005

Miscellaneous Flitting Thoughts on a Thursday

It was Maya and Sophie's first day of school yesterday. I stayed home from work for the big event. I have never in my life seen two little girls so excited. Ah.....the naiveté of youth.

I have thing superstition-thing where if I look at a clock and it is 12:34 it is really, really good luck for that day. BUT, if I see the clock go from 12:34 to 12:35 it is really, really bad luck. It seems improbable to actually see the clock change like that, especially if you don't want to see it - but the overwhelming urge to keep looking at the clock is undeniable. I have, however, successfully only seen the 12:34, and not the change, 5 times in the past two weeks. This is a very good thing.

I have decided that I am going to get healthy, lose weight, and work out. Although the world may not be able to handle a me that is ANY CUTER THAN I ALREADY AM, I have decided to be selfish and put myself above the fate of the world at large. I will keep you updated.

I am founding a new chapter of Parents Without Partners in the South Puget Sound area. If you know any single parents (Divorced, separated, widowed, never married) anywhere near this area, let them know to contact me! I know you all are not necessarily my neighbors, but who knows who you know, you know?

Did you know that spellcheck comes up with "puked" when faced with "Puget"?

3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a superstition about setting my alrm for "off" minutes. Like, I never set it to wake me right at 5 a.m., always 5:03 or 5:06. Weird, eh?

Wait... don't answer that ;)

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laurie, I don't think you're werid!

I have the same superstition! For some reason I get this *feeling* that my alarm won't go off if I set it at the top of the hour.

:)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger anika said...

Ahhh, the first day of school. I almost cried when I brought Jacob to school. He's growing up so fast (hmmm, that phrase is a little over-used) and I miss him!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.