Friday, June 02, 2006

National Trails Day

Tonight Anika and Jacob are coming to visit.

She sounded like she needed wine. She sounds happier now, but still in need of wine.

I'm telling you, boys are trouble. Trouble!!

She is very brave and will be attending a National Trails Day event with my girls and me. We shall learn about nature! We shall rake gravel! We shall cut back blackberry bushes! With out teeth!

Okay, maybe it won't be that intense. I work for a pretty great company that volunteers tons of money and time to getting people outdoors - especially kids.

So that's what I am doing. Getting outdoors with my kids, and Anika, and Jacob - and making something better. You'd be surprised what just a few volunteers can do.

Check it out in your area. Get out there!

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Kingfisher said...

Bless you. Bless your daughters.

A better use of time is hard to imagine.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Rockstar Mom said...

How awesome that you got together with Anika. The get away was probably just what she needed. And a little volunteer work is good for the soul too.

My daughter and I used to be pretty active at our no-kill animal shelter. Although we have dropped off quite a bit this last year, she is riding my butt to get back into it again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.