Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My Worst Week Ever

Just so you know, the title does not refer to me.

I know you were worried.

I have been incredibly busy with closing out my old job and readying it for the person coming in, and training for my new one. But thankfully, Maya brought home her first essay yesterday. She worked on it at school the whole month of December. She is quite the writer for a third grader.

So without further ado, my guest blogger - Maya.

My Worst Week Ever
by Maya

Tug! Tug! that's the sound of my hair being brushed. I will never forget the week that I got my big nots. I was just getting into bed and the next morning boom my hair was all tangled up. It was a huge mess. I brushed and comb, but I couldn't get it out! Then my Mom came in and tried to help me but we still couldn't get it out!

It was hard to get all of my nots out. It took us 1 hour. I was really tired and I went right to bed. When I woke up it was night time. I went right back to sleep. The next morning my hair was the same way it was! So we had to brush out my hair again. When I looked in the mirror my hair was sticking strait out. I had to go to school with my hair like that. My friends thought it was funny. But I didn't think it was funny. It was so bad I didn't want to look at my self again. When I went inside my class mates stared at me. I was inbarist.

After the hard day at school i went home and played with my toys. When I had to go to bed we put something in my hair to keep it from frizzing. Do you know what it was?


The End

Let me just add my side of the story.....

Two years ago Maya decided that she no longer would allow me to brush her hair. She freaked every time I tried. I tried to get her to use conditioner and anti-frizz stuff to help her get her hair untangled, but she would have nothing to do with it....or me. ("...and boom! My hair was all tangled up..." my *ss!)

So, I threw down the gauntlet. I would no longer help her. She would just have to go to school with her hair as she was able to fix it.


And, yes. It was a bad week.

Interesting how she left out her refusal of help isn't it?

Well, it obviously stuck with her. I hope with no lasting scars. She fixes her hair beautifully now (and religiously uses conditioners and anti-frizz stuff).

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger KOM said...

I love how the essay ended with a question. Sort of: "And the murderer was... THE END"

I was going to guess peanut butter. Anti-frizz stuff is just vague enough that I might be right!

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, see...that's where you do things so much better than I do. You just pulled yourself out of the picture and let her figure it out all by herself. No nagging, or lectures, just solid, natural consequences. Do it your way and we'll see what happens...
And Maya left you out of the story except for the part where she says you helped her with the tangles.
Win/Win situation if I ever saw one. You, my friend, are a parental genius.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Sherri said...

That was cute. Maya should guest blog on a regular basis.

Hope the new job goes well.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I used to NEVER let my mom brush my hair... she would just tear right through it! My dad, however, would spray each section with Johnson & Johnson No More Tangles and gently comb out the knots...

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Shari said...

ant: I believe you are right on with that comment.

KOM: No, it is not peanut butter. It is actually called, "No More Frizz".

Megan: You are too kind. Much too kind.

Sherri - If she keeps bringing home gems like these, I'll start a blog just for her!

Jessica - So what are you sayin'? :)

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

Grr. I've tried "no more frizz" and it still frizzed. In fact today I have so many different kinds of anti-frizz stuff in my hair it's a thick gooey blob plastered into a ponytail. And it's STILL frizzy!

I hate humidity. I hate my hair in humidity. I so can relate to her trauma, I really can. *sigh*

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger melissa said...

That essay was adorable! I love the spelling--it's just so cute. Inbarist. Priceless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.