Thursday, December 29, 2005

Fuzzy Pictures Soon A Thing Of The Past!

Last night, amid the "Babysitting Crisis 2005" I got an incredible tidbit of news.

My highly intelligent, charming, pretty, adventureous, quick-learning, adaptable, works-well-with-others sister left me a message. It went a little something like this......

"Hi Shar-bear. (Only she is allowed to call me this. Anyone else tries to pull anything funny...well, you just won't like what will happen to you.) I noticed on your blog that Santa didn't bring you a new digital camera for Christmas, so I am bringing you one for New Year's."

I was listening to this while Maya was standing beside me. (Remember, she is the daughter who told Santa that all she wanted for Christmas was for me to get a digital camera because mine was stolen...)

She smiled a secretive sort of smile, looked up at me and said, "Santa is so smart. He knew that was going to happen."

And I cried. I cried because of the generosity of my sister. I cried because of the sweetness and innocence of my daughter.

And I laughed at the same time.

Thank you Shannon. You made my year.

9 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awww that was really nice of your sister to do that!
Oh and make sure that you get rechargeable batteries for it, they will last wayyyyy longer as I am finding out lol. A recharger would be good too :-)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger anika said...

That is so fantastic! Sisters are so amazing and wonderful.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Do you know who Neneh Cherry is/was?
For some reason Shari, I always hear you saying "Huh....sucka?".

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger melissa said...

:)

Your sister is nice, and your kid: Cute. Precious.

:)

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Sherri said...

That's awesome! You have a great sister.

My mom calls me Sher-bear, so did I get to say it?

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Janie said...

no, sherri, you're only allowed to say it on your own blog! ;)

shari, i'm so happy for you! when is shannon coming to play? maybe you should bring her to play with US!! :)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Shari said...

Sherri - How can I really say no to another Sher-bear. Oh, gag, it's awful, isn't it?

Janie - My sister just happens to be a great world traveler. I think she would be totally up for a swanky international Canadian adventure! (I'll try to get her to leave her "accent" at home.)

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Sisters are great! Your Christmas pics were awesome. Thanks for sharing them with us! :)

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Yay for the new camera. And your kids are way too cute. Even when captured in fuzzy pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.