Tuesday, November 15, 2005

If Beggars Were Wishes, Horses Would Ride

Oh...how I love the mixed metaphor. The spelling and grammatical error.

It's not as if I don't do it myself, so there shall be no pointing out any of my errors!

I work at a place where I can order our merchandise and either have it sent to me through "inter-office mail" or just have them leave it the office where I used to work - since that is close to my house....

Anyway.... I had emailed a request that my recent purchase be left at the front desk at my old office. This is the response that I got back....


Hi Shari,

Thank you for your recent order.

Unfortunately, the interoffice mail that came today did not include the check that you sent and we cannot let unpaid packages leave the Employee Store.

I apologize for the incontinence,

It took reading it two times before I noticed it. He damn well better be sorry!



3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger KOM said...

Ha! My wife sent me an email that she received at work that had the exact same issue. I think dictionary programs must default, and people don't always pay attention when presented with the 'keep or change' button.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

HA! Louisa (my old workmate) sent exactly the same typo a few months back which the spell checker in Lotus Notes did (allegedly). It's on my blog somewhere.

Hillarious!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Janie said...

what! that's hilarious. i think i shall have to continue what appears to have become quite the phenomena... i'm going to purposely add that line to my next email. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.