Wednesday, October 26, 2005

What We Did This Weekend Version 2.0

"What We Did This Weekend" was starting to become a regular thing. I am being perfectly honest when I say that losing the ability to post weekend adventure pictures is one of the main reasons I am so upset about the camera. (Oh yeah, also the whole family heirloom and memories thing...)
I decided that I can't let one sticky fingered bastard ruin my blogging life. So, I present to you....
"What We Did This Weekend Version 2.0" in pen and ink. (Sort of)
Henrietta, the mother-out law came. The girls were very excited to see her. She did not say anything about my inability to dust.

She cooked and cooked and cooked. I think she thought that we were starving for good food. I love to cook, but I don't think she trusts me with food preparation. (By the way, clockwise from upper left... fried chicken, one lasagna -others are residing peacefully in my freezer, broccoli and corn muffins.) But, it was good, so I'm not complaining.


This picture is taken from the passenger side of the vehicle. That is why it only shows Sophie and Henrietta. Notice the steering wheel size. That is what you call "perspective" in the art world.

We went numerous places in The Minty Squirrel (a.k.a. 1992 Ford Festiva). There is a reason they named it a Festiva. Because it is like driving a little festival around with you. Good times.

3 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, you see... every cloud has a silver lining. Had that bastard not stolen your camera you NEVER would have tapped into your ability to make these remarkable renderings.
Digital camera, schmigital camera I say we're on to something!

PS The only concern I have is your color choice for the Squirrel. I see you kept it in the "green family" but it doesn't begin to speak to the iridescence that is Minty....

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger anika said...

Shari, I LOVE the steering-wheel-perspective -- you make me laugh my head off!!!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

I love those drawings. I wish i had that kind of talent! (I can't draw to save my life. I can put a webpage together, but only with photos and graphics, nothing "original"). Keep it up, it's fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.