Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Portents of Doom

So, yesterday was the big day. "THE INTERVIEW". By the way, the interview went extremely well. Really, really well. The main Sr. Counsel was sick, so unfortunately, my pins and needles wait will continue for a few more days. Let me just tell you how the day started.

- At 3 a.m. I was awakened (woken? awaked?) by an incredibly overwhelming smell of skunk. I had to get up and turn all of my fans so they would blow outward and pray that my clothes were not permiated with the gut wrenching smell.

- At 5 a.m. I woke up, went into the bathroom for my morning shower and discovered that the glass shower door was cobwebbed into a broken mass of glass that was barely hanging on inside the frame of the door.
I showered anyway..... very carefully. But, of course, there were two minute pieces of glass that fell onto the shower floor that I stepped on and imbedded in the ball of my left foot.
I suppose it could have been worse, because when I exited the shower and shut the door, it collapsed into pebbly glass chunks in the bottom of said shower.

-At this point I am trying not to panic. I start brushing my teeth and proceed to throw up. Thow up! I never throw up. I didn't even feel sick. I chalk it up to nervousness and aggressive tongue brushing.

So, I go to work, telling myself all day that it is not an unlucky day. I just got out all of the bad luck early!!

I made it to the interview sans accidents and was just starting to relax when I saw the name of the room where I was being interviewed. In this company all meeting rooms are named after mountains or famous peaks, etc. Guess where my interview was being held?

The Suicide Peak Room.


At 2:32 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

That's just mean holding an interview in that room! (surely they had a choice...) But congratulations on surviving it, well even.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.