Sunday, October 08, 2006

Get Your Rocks Off

My dreams are full of symbolism. They are, however, not full of mystery.

Some people have extremely odd and random dreams that would take a team of psychoanalysts months to figure out.

These are not my dreams.

Here is the most recent example from a dream early last week:

I was sitting in a room, at work, by myself at my desk. There was a long line (50 people, or so) of employees waiting to talk to me. All of them had a bag.

In reality we had a Health and Wellness Fair at my job that everyone in my department was involved in. During the fair, everyone who came was given a small brown paper shopping bag in which to put all of the cool free stuff our company and our vendors were giving out.

In the dream, the queue of employees all had these bags in their hands. Somehow I knew they all had the same problem.

The first guy came up to me and we both peered into his bag that he had plopped on the table. There were water bottles, sunscreen, all the stuff I know we had at the fair - but there was also three round, flat massage stones.

You know the kind that they heat and lay on your back? Those.

He was disappointed with his rocks.

I smiled brightly. I could fix this! This one was easy!

"That's okay! I have a entire bin of my very own rocks right here!" I gestured confidently towards a large bin of stones on my right, "You can pick any of them! Help yourself!" a offered with a big smile.

I must say that my rocks were beautiful. They were large and flat- and they had one thing that everyone elses' rocks did not.....they were incredibly shiny rocks. Beautiful, shiny perfect rocks.

He started rummaging in my rock bin as I gestured for the next person to approach my desk. I could help them! This was going to be a walk-in- the-park day of problem solving!

Then I heard a heavy sigh coming from the vicinity of my rock bin.

I looked over to see the man sneer, snort dismissively, and snidely say, "Um..yeah. That's all right. I'll just keep MY rocks." And then he walked away.

He didn't like my rocks.

Bastard.

4 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Ahhh!

I see now.

Coincidence. Marvellous!!

I like my rocks too. Yours sound nice.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

There's just no pleasing some people...

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger melissa said...

Well, I was there. And I totally liked your rocks. ;)

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Christine said...

HA. I would lurve your rocks. I'm sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.