Friday, September 16, 2005

A Pox on You and Your Family

From "The American Heritage Dictionary- Second College Edition" -

pox n.1. A disease characterized by purulent skin eruptions, such as chicken pox or small pox. 2. Syphilis. 3. Archaic. Misfortune and calamity [Alteration of pocks, pl. of pock]

(I always loved the archaic version of that word)

The Sophster has chicken pox. Maya will be getting them any minute now I am sure. I have no sick days saved up yet, so I am at work while the scratching and the itching and the fever continue at home. Without me. I should be there.

I didn't get chicken pox until I was in 7th grade, and boy, it was a doozy! I broke out everywhere. I was absolutely covered in them. But that wasn't the worst part. My brother's friend, who I had a HUGE crush on, worked for my Dad at the time. (His name was Tater. I am not kidding. )

So, every day at lunch time, I got to face Tater with a body covered in "purulent skin eruptions".

Nice.

It should be mentally easier on the girls being younger and all. But, wish us luck anyway.

Oh! Don't forget! It's "Talk Like a Pirate Day" on Monday. You know I love pirates.......(must be something to do with their booty(ies).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.