Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Best Year Yet

It has been a long time since I mourned the passing of a new year.

For quite some time I have welcomed the new year with a "Man, I'm glad that's over. Hopefully it will be better this year" mentality.

Looking back on 2007 I feel nothing but sadness in seeing it retreat. It was the year that I finally clawed my way into a position (dare I say career?) that actually pays the bills. It was the year that my house really became MY HOUSE. It was the year that John (the ex) no longer had control of me. It was the year that the girls really came into their own in many ways. It was the year that I finally felt solid in my friendships.

I am sad to see it go.

What in the world can 2008 hold? I know one thing for sure...it will be the year of painting the kitchen red. It will be the year of ripping up the living room carpet to reveal the awesome old wood floor beneath. It will be the year I plant some sort of perennial in the yard. It will be the year that I let go of resentments that I have been holding for so long that they have become a safety net. It will be a year of adventure and laughter with my girls. And it will be the year that my only resolution is to blog more often.

I'm excited.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Ant said...

Ooh! So am I...

Happy new year! :-)

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, here! *clink*

Shannon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.