Sunday, November 04, 2007

Extreme Personal Hygeine

It was Sophie's turn to go grocery shopping with her Dad this Sunday. He comes every Sunday EARLY in the morning (7 AM for Chrissakes) and takes them alternately to the store. This is his contribution, I suppose. It could be worse, it could be better. It is what it is.

Every time each girls seems to talk him into something. A DVD. A Nintendo DS game. Shoes. Something. It gets a bit ridiculous, but who am I to judge what he spends his money on? I just don't want them spoiled - but it seems I'm poor enough to offset any spoilage that might happen on his end.

This Sunday Sophie came bursting through the door with her latest prize. You would have thought it was a puppy as breathlessly over-stimulated as she was. No. It was not a puppy. It was a nose-hair trimmer.



(Thanks to the nose-hair trimming people for the image.)

Yes. A nose-hair trimmer. For nose hair. For old man nose-hair (and the occasional stubborn ear beard, I suppose).

I do admit that Sophie has a prodigious amount of hair in her nose. But it is IN HER NOSE. It is not visible. It is normal.

I don't know if she was teased at school, but if she was I would have thought it would follow normal Sophie patterns. She would cry. She would pound on her pillow. She would be dramatic. But this nose hair thing came in completely under the radar. And she wasn't at all shy about wanting this thing. She ripped it from the box and started explaining all of it's features.

  • It was silver and shiny.
  • It trimmed nose AND ear hair.
  • It came with a little brush that you could clean the nose hairs off after trimming was over.
  • It was washable.

It was insane.

For the next 30 minutes Sophie was in the bathroom giggling uproariously and trimming like crazy. Every now and then I'd hear, "It tickles!" and "Whoa! That was a good one!".

I could not get her to stop following me around the rest of the day begging to be allowed the chance to trim my nose hair. I refused and touted all the wonders of nose hair. She looked up my nostrils and said, "Mom, it's a jungle up there. C'mon. Can I?"

It has not happened, but I don't put it past her to do it while I'm sleeping.


4 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Ant said...

*Chortle*

There's no relation to other trimming activities here is there?

That is the funniest thing ever - I can sort of see the novelty appeal though. She's obviously not bothered about the aesthetics of nose-hair, and hell you can stick it up your nose! What could be more fun?

I will admit to a sneaky removal of the odd nose-hair now and then. It is kind of satisfying when you get a good one, but it makes the eyes water too... :-)

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger tiff said...

Better than ripping it out, I'd say.

Also? Way to go on their Dad for getting it for her. I'd pay good money to hear the conversation that must have gone on before the purchase...

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

I'm with Tiff.

All in all, perhaps Dad felt that some questions are better left unasked.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Janie said...

bwahaha... i seriously cannot stop laughing over this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.