Monday, November 26, 2007

Playing Hobos

I was called home from work at 2 pm today due to the fact that Sophie was running a 102 degree fever. Again.

Now the last fever, although posted about yesterday, happened all the way back on Thursday.

I have been wondering....did she have this fever all weekend and I just didn't notice? I didn't take her temperature again after the throwing up night. She seem perky and cool to the touch.

Is this a re-occurrence or a continuance?

Damn. I hate to think she was feeling puny all weekend. It is hard to tell with her. Sometimes she just won't complain. If something better comes along than feeling sick, I swear that girl will just up and choose it. Can't fool those school nurses, though. They are tough hombres (or hombrecitas).

The funniest thing about fevers are the delusions. (That is written purely sarcastically, by the way.) Earlier this evening Sophie piped up from her pillow propped place on the couch with this gem...

"Mom? When I'm in 5th grade and can take band, I want to play the hobo."

5 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger Ant said...

Would it be entirely inappropriate for me to point out the funny squeaking noise produced if you blow a hobo the wrong way?

Hope Sophie gets better soon. :-( She does sound like a tough little cookie...

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger rennratt said...

It is far more difficult to raise an overly-compliant child than it is a trouble maker.

May Sweet Sophie feel better soon!

And that "hobo" comment? One of the funniest things I've read in a while!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Kingfisher said...

Hilarious. And shame on Ant. Ew.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Janie said...

Too funny. I hope she feels better uber-quick!!
(Good to get the sickness out of the way before the serious business of Christmas holidays begins!!)

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

Man, those things are impossible to tune.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.