Monday, June 04, 2007

Work Schmurk

How am I supposed to blog when work keeps me soooo busy?

My last few days in summary:

  • It was 90 degrees on Saturday and we spent all day at a wonderful place on Puget Sound called Dash Point. It was good.
  • My back still hurts in the morning. Every damn day I am sure I am fine by the time evening rolls around - just to find out that the horrifying pain is back in the morning. Evil.
  • Maya, who is convinced she is "bad at Math", was the second child in her classroom of 30 to finish all her Multiplication and Division facts and will be taken (as part of the top 5 in her class) to a movie by their teacher.
  • The girls, Grace and I went to Pirates of the Caribbean - World's End this weekend. I loved it, although it was really just one really loud fight scene for two hours. I am in love with Jack Sparrow. And Will Turner? Much hotter due to the "issue" at the end. Hmmmm....pirates. Yummy.
  • I love pirates.
  • Love them.
  • A lot.

8 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Janie said...

Awesome job, Maya!
I can't wait to see Pirates. (And am ashamed it has taken me this long!)
I hope your back feels all better--quickly!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

Way to go, Maya!

Sadly, I plan to wait until the video comes out.

I can not recall the last time I saw a movie in the theatre.

Oh, wait. Yes I can. Last August. (Before that? The previous summer. I don't get out much.)

Feel better! Rest when you can, and relax. When Chachi's back acts up, it can take a span of two months for it to 'right' itself.

I, too, love pirates, and can not wait to read the Dave Barry books that you recommended! Arrrgh!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Ooh, I really fear back pain, so debilitating. Maybe it's time to see someone about it?

Huge congrats to Maya for her Math results! And a late happy birthday to you, Shari.

 
At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Movie pirates are great. You know why? Because they bathe.

Real pirates (as I understand it) were usually unable to bathe for years at a time.

I'll take those fake movie pirates any day :)

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Ant said...

I'm in love with Jack Sparrow too - if I batted that way, he'd be my number one pirate...

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR, me bonnie wee lassie, ARRRRRRRRRRR . . .

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

ok, either we wrestle to get either Jack Sparrow or Will Turner each, or we just shar. Which one will it be?

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I randomly stumbled across your blog, and I have to congratulate Maya. I remember those Multiplication and Division pages.

That's quite an amazing thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.