Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm Sorry. Really, I Am.

The world has conspired against me. I must have done something really bad- karma-wise, I mean.

The back injury is sllllooooowwwwllly going away. I finally caved in on Friday and called the doctor. Bless her heart, she prescribed me these fantastic little muscle relaxers with Vicodin chasers that have most definitely helped the situation.

But it still takes me approximately 20 minutes to get my sorry butt out of bed in the morning.

I had a breakthrough last night, however, and was able to actually change positions in the middle of the night without first scooting out of bed onto my knees, pushing myself shakily into a bent-over semi-stand and then falling into the bed on my other side.

Who knew I would ever be so grateful to just roll over?

To add to this already fun-filled-amusement-ride-I-call-life there has been a few more, shall we say... issues in the last week.

Work seems to have consistently handed me odd problems to solve. My spreadsheet ability has completely failed. And, to top it all off the Sounder Commuter Train has stolen my well earned $108 that I faithfully fed its little cash-eating, no-ticket-printing minion of a automatic ticket machine. And because I paid in cash I may never get it back.

The "customer service" agent that I called to tell my sad story to sighed heavily and said, "Man, I wish they would just disable that cash function altogether."

Cash is no longer a viable option for purchasing things, apparently.

Does the Back Spasm God take bribes? Will he accept cash? Will oranges and some incense do?

I need some help here people.

8 Comments:

At 2:34 AM, Blogger Ant said...

Oh you poor thing! As long as it's getting better that's the main thing - but damn that sounds horrible...

Re the cash thing - if the machines are screwing up regularly, you have a strong case to get your money back. Depending on how they want their customer service to look they should just repay you ($108 hopefully isn't much to them).

(I pay for everything with my credit card these days - a) means I don't carry much cash, b) it's not my money so if something like this happens you bet the credit card folk will track down the culprits...)

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger anika said...

Maybe you should come up to Canada for a weekend so we can take care of you. Phil's here right now too, you know, and we could make you laugh and entertain your kids!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Janie said...

Yay for happy pills from the doctor. I hope they work magic and fix your back, better than new.
And i hope the evil transit machine gives you double next time. Or at least that the non-service-agents give you your cash back. If not, i will come and fight them with you.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger rennratt said...

Cash is no longer the top choice? Odd.

Chachi has a bad back as well. Have you tried Capsicum patches? How about Mobic (It's an NSAID)? Or Flexeril? He got the Vicodin scrip as well, but hasn't turned it in.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Kingfisher said...

{{{e-hugs}}}

Does that help?

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Shari said...

Anika - I would so be there if I felt like the probability of me actually getting out of the car after the drive was better than nil. Oh Phil! Hi! You crazy monkeys!

Janie - We shall fight to the death.

Renn - Flexeril is currrently my friend. Unfortunately I am horribly allergic to all NSAIDS - which is unfortunate since they contain the exact anti-inflammatory magic that I need.

Kingfisher - E-hugs help tons. Thanks.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Shari said...

Ant - I didn't forget you. It's just that you always say exactly what I'm thinking and my response is most often, simple, "Yep. He's right."

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Squishi said...

Wow your train service must be related to ours here in Sydney. They don't give change less than $20.20.... and only if you're lucky even then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.