Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Get Down With OCD - Ya You Know Me!


Should I be worried? Here is a list of things that Sophie does.....often...


  • Insist that I kiss her last. First sissy, then her. If I reverse the order there is hell to pay.
  • Eat pancakes and/or waffles counterclockwise (she does not know that it is called counterclockwise, but she still does it instinctually) on the outside, then saves the inner pieces for very last.
  • Rearrange the toys on top of her dresser every day to reflect a new "scene".
  • Refuses to sleep under her covers. She sleeps on top of her comforter with a blanket. This is because, and I quote, "I don't want to get my bed messy and have to make it in the morning."
  • She has added to her horrid collection of ceramic statuettes. Oh yes, she has. I will post the new pictures to prove it tomorrow.

And, you know, just for fun I will post the pictures from a previous entry regarding Sophie's collection of knick-knacks. You just can't get enough of these babies.

Fanciful Ballerina


Fancy Glass Reef Life


Cavorting Dolphins in iridescent Splendour


Proud Canine

Normal quirks? Or "GOOD GOD! GET THE CHILD MEDICATION!"?

4 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I'd say normal, but then again I call myself The Jerk OF All Trades, so what do I know?

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger KOM said...

I don't think that you're at the "get the child medication!" stage. But a couple of those do sound like possible issues. It runs pretty deeply in my family - luckily we don't have anybody that turns the lightswitch on and off to just make sure that it is going off.

Knock on wood. Hmm, that seems pretty OCD as well.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Sherri said...

I think she sounds like she is just very smart and wants things how she wants them. I wouldn't worry about it. If she is doing well in school, has friends, and seems happy most if the time then she is ahead of the game.

I kind of like the idea of a "new scene" with the figurines daily. Funny. :)

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Squishi said...

OMG - keep her out of "Clints Crazy Bargains" or "The Warehouse" - she'll go nuts with all the horrid statue thingys they have there.... and let me tell you, they're BAD.

I've only seen worse in "Clarksons", that's where all the crap from the other bargain centres end up from not being sold.

I mean, i liked stuff like that as a kid, but holy - the cheap chinese stuff they're pumping out these days... no way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.