Sunday, June 05, 2005

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Many blogs that I read have a list of 100 things about the writer. This, I suppose, helps people get to know the blogger more personally. I think this is a grand idea, but since I seem to have problems following through on large projects, I will post my list in segments. I have already listed 10 items I like and 10 items I dislike here. I will count these toward my 100 things. Here are some interesting (or not, depending on your view) facts about me....

  1. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is one of my favorite movies.
  2. So is the Princess Bride.
  3. I am a bit obsessive about trimming my toenails.
  4. Pomegranates give me strange and misty childhood flashbacks.
  5. While most people go gray, I keep finding disturbing thick red hairs intermixed with the blonde. I have (accidentally) dyed my hair red, but that was a long time ago. And, the diameter of these rogue hairs is about twice that of my normal hair, which leads me to believe that is has nothing to do with that particular incident. I am picturing me with wiry, bright red hair as I grow old. Cool.
  6. I am a Gemini, born in the Chinese year of the Rat (I am a water rat, to be precise).
  7. I have listened to "Moby Dick" on tape 3 times in the past year.
  8. Every time I am confronted with news regarding the war on Iraq or horrible environmental issues I compulsively recycle. We are talking peeling off labels to put in the mixed paper recycling before the can of food is actually used.
  9. I have a secret affection for slugs.
  10. I tell my kids that stupid and hate are bad words and don't allow them to use them. I vacillate between feeling strangely controlling and feeling like a good person for doing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.