Saturday, October 20, 2007

I Was Visited By The Establishment

The title of this post could actually properly capture two different visits I had this week.

First, my Mom came out to visit for 4 days. It was wonderful. We went window shopping (for real windows) and looked at endless paint samples. We went to the beach. We went to the Pumpkin Patch. I have pictures.

The title of this post, however, points to a different visit.....my second visit from ANT (all the way from Scotland)!

Last year I was lucky enough to be able to have him over for a barbecue at my house. It was type of visit that was surrounded with friends and food and music and craziness - a good first "meet your blogger friend" meeting. Meeting him this time was in a more one-on-one setting at the Six Arms pub in Seattle:



It was so fun. It is a strange feeling to be meeting someone for only the second time, but know the majority of the main stories of their life. Much of the evening was spent saying, "I blogged about this, but..." and "Oh yeah! I read about that...". I suppose it is no surprise that two bloggers never ran out things to talk about. The first time I asked about the time, it was 5 hours into the conversation, and I felt cheated that it hadn't been long enough.

I'm already starting to look for the next meeting place for when he comes back next time.

3 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Janie said...

How fun! I'm glad you had a good time.
I can't wait until i live on the coast again and can come visit you and the girls in Seattle!
(Is it creepy that i think about you when they show the Market signage outside the window on Grey's Anatomy?!)

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Ant said...

Hey, there's some old dude with grey hair in our seat...

Next time you and the girls need to come to Scotland - they'd absolutely love you over here! :-)

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger rennratt said...

Excellent!

I'm glad that you had such a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.