Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I Must Embrace Knick-Knacks

I was hoping that I could just ignore it. It will go away if you ignore it, right? I seem to apply this course of action in the rest of my life with varying degrees of success, and I was hoping the degree here would be very high. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Dead wrong.

Sophie has an unhealthy love of horrendous ceramic statuettes that she can always find in great abundance at the dollar store. I thought that it was a passing phase, that eventually she would also want horrid hollowed out plastic versions of barbies that the dollar store carries - also in great abundance. But alas......

2 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the cavorting dolphins in irridescent splendor! How could you not embrace them? Beeeee-U-T-full....

xxm

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the infamous words of Nancy Regan... Just Say NO. (For the love of god, you MUST help her break these terrible habits early! If you don't do it now, she may start collecting live cats and then knitting sweaters from their shed fur.) As your older, wiser, and slightly better looking sister, I know you will cherish my advice and follow it to the letter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative 
Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.