Just Because You Asked So Nicely....
I really like the name "St. Valentine's Day Massacre 2006" for the CD. However, when writing down all the songs I realized something. The songs start out kind of easy going, then they build to bone crushing hate-filled rock, then they ease back down again.
A parabola, if you will.
A PARABOLA OF PAIN!
I think I am going to call this CD just that - "The Parabola of Pain".
What do you think?
And since everyone seems to love this idea, and I don't have a way to mail all my internet friends a CD for Valentine's Day.... here are the songs. You can burn one yourself! So, without further ado, I give you
The Parabola of Pain Volume 1
- By Myself - Greg Brown
- White Wedding - Billy Idol
- Shut Up - Black Eyed Peas
- It Aint Over Till It's Over - Lenny Kravitz
- Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (A Man After Midnight) - ABBA
- You Oughtta Know - Alanis Morrisette
- The First Cut Is The Deepest - Rod Stewart
- Love Is A Battlefield - Pat Benatar
- I Hate Myself For Lovin' You - Joan Jet
- I Did It All For the Nookie - Limp Bizkit
- In and Outta Love - Bon Jovi
- Brave and Crazy - Melissa Etheridge
- You're So Vain - Janet Jackson with Carly Simon
- Love Song - The Cure
- Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
- Spring Will Be A Little Late This Year - Sarah Vahaugn
- Lady Sings the Blues - Billie Holiday
And maybe I misspelled some names in the above list. But I don't care. I'm all hard-core like that.